Saturday, July 14, 2012

Come with me and you'll be in a land of pure imagination...

Aum Ganeshaya Namah   ("In what we are about to do, let wisdom be our guide.") 
And so it begins.  I am going to Incredible India!!  I am preparing for my first trip to the mysterious subcontinent in honor of a friend's wedding. The preparations are intense and unlike anything I have done for past travels.  India is infinite in its possibilities for sightseeing and adventure but also requires a huge dose of reality.  
My list so far:
-100s of Hours of Internet Research
-6 Vaccines (Hep A/Hep B/DPT/Polio/Typhoid + Malaria Pills)
-5 Movies (Best Exotic Marigold Hotel/Salaam Bombay/Darjeeling Limited/The Fall/Passage to India)
-4 Lines to wait in for your visa
-3 Books (Holy Cow/Culture Shock! India/Wanderlust Guide For Women Traveling to India)
-2 (one-way) tickets going in (South India) and coming out (North India)
-1 Binder with all my information
-And a peacock in a pear tree!
August 6th is the D-Day!
Namaste!


Discover India: 
The elephant god of India, Ganesh, is the God of Beginnings and Remover of Obstacles.  I have included some links to him as he is one of the most popular deities in Hindu Religion. 
Ganesha Symbolism
Ganesh Images/Info

4 comments:

  1. So glad you started a blog -- your trip sounds amazing! Met a girl last weekend who lived in India for nine months on a Fulbright scholarship. She LOVED it and said the weddings are incredible. In addition to the movies you listed, she recommended "Monsoon Wedding" and "Outsourced." Looking forward to your updates...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amanda!

    Thinking of you today as you are off on your wonderful trip--and also looking forward to your updates as you have time to write them.

    Take good care and gros bisous,
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey woman :). You have not enabled the "follow" feature I think. So i cannot be your blog follower. Kindly do the needful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda! I don't know what happened to my earlier message.

    I sure miss you! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    Be safe!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete