Monday, April 21, 2014

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Well, since the first posting on this blog, I have been to India and back, many of my friends will already know my stories and will have seen my photos.  It's challenging to describe my experience there, as it was very visceral, both physically and emotionally.  I am still processing this trip, working out the mental kinks in reliving the majesty and tragedy that is India.  I went from five star highs to ground zero lows.  Yet no matter what my situation, dire or otherwise, I was always met with kindness.  Now that I have finished my Masters Thesis in Drama--writing about the lost plays of Harlem Renaissance writer Zora Neale Hurston (another post, another time!)--I can now focus on updating my journeywoman's blog.  In the following weeks, I will post a few paragraphs and select photos from each portion of the India trip.  I am not sure I will ever actually go back, but India will always be a part of me.  She deepens your soul. Next up:  Getting to India.

No comments:

Post a Comment